Thursday, August 8, 2013

Sephora Pick-me-up



Today I went into the city for a doctors appointment and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to stop by Sephora on my way back. It wasn't a convenience that it was located right next to the train station, it was fate. So like the typical shopoholic, I went inside and literally spent about two hours there going through all the make up products and I purchased a few gems. (I'll post the links of everything I bought below.) The workers there were really nice per usual and one of the beauty experts showed me how to do a basic smokey eye, which is where the black eye shadow and eye liner come in play. I'm usually so bad at any kind of eye make up, except for mascara thats literally the only thing I can properly apply. She made it seem so simple and straightforward so the second I came home I tried it for myself and it actually came out pretty darn good. This is why I love Sephora, not only do they have every brand of cosmetics imaginable but the workers there are so friendly and eager to service you with all your make up needs.
   
What I would mostly love to praise about Sephora is this new and AMAZING system called the color IQ that they have created. For me, personally, it's really hard to find the perfect cover up or concealer that matches my exact skin tone. Every time I go by a cosmetics counter every worker would tell me I'm a different skin tone and I would end up coming home with ten different cover ups none of which match my skin tone to a tee. Sephora on the other hand, created this system where they measure your skin tone and link it to a computer and give you all the matches of all the products that you could wear on your skin that are your perfect 100% shade match. It's really simple, you can either go to the store barefaced with no cover up or anything or have them wipe off a little spot on your forehead, neck, and the side of your face. Then they put a little handheld skin scanner thing to your face (I'm not sure what else to call it) and it takes pictures of your skin in those three areas to measure skin tone, highlights, low lights of your face etc... that scanner hooks up to the computer and in seconds it shows you all the matches of concealers, cover ups, and color moisturizers that best fit your face. The best part- if you don't want to buy them now, you can e-mail the list to yourself and you'll always have it for next time. Sephora is the only place that does this, so girls I really suggest you go get this done, its free and it links you to your perfect matches so no more buying cover up and having it not be your skin tone. It's just a waste of money and frankly very annoying!


These are my two favorite products that I've purchased. The mascara is by far my favorite mascara in the world. It lengthens your eyelashes to an unbelievable extent and volumes them. Basically, it gives off the look of fake lashes without all the hassle of putting them on and making sure they stay put throughout the night. As for the lip color, its actually tinted lip balm with SPF 15. It nourishes and moisturizes your lips while giving it subtle color which is perfect for a nice day or night out. Usually I find that lipstick dries out my lips which I absolutely hate but this gives off the effect of lipstick while it's working away at making your lips baby smooth. 



Even though lipstick does try out my lips I couldn't resist picking one up. (My trick is to apply baby lips from maybeline a minute before applying lipstick and a little bit after it dries on my lips and then constantly throughout the night after I reapply the lipstick.) The first color on the left is a sephora brand lipstick from the line "Sephora Rogue" and it's in the color Desire. The second color is the sugar passion tinted lip balm. I have to say it is a tiny bit darker than it appears in the picture maybe by around 20%. This gem comes in many colors so definitely pick one up- it's a must have!

As promised here are the links to items:

Too Faced Perfect Eyes Waterproof Liner- in black
Benefit The POREfessional- pore minimizer
Too Faced Lip Injection Extreme- Lip Plumper- this product is amazing for the perfect pout without having to go through all the painful injections of actual botox. It does sting a tiny bit but only for the first 15 seconds or so.
Benefit They're Real Mascara
Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment
Sephora Rouge Lipstick- if you're interested in buying this lipstick I suggest you order it online because in store its full price.
Sephora Collection- Colorful Eyeshadow
Sephora Collection- Microsmooth Blush Duo

xx Victoria Wixson

No comments:

Post a Comment